ABOUT FLU VACCINATIONS AND HOW TO BOOK
Currently due to government guidelines we are only able to vaccinate people aged 65 and over. We can vaccinate the general public from mid-May
Franklin’s Pharmacy offers flu vaccinations for businesses, meaning your employee’s don’t have to take time off work to get an appointment.
- Every year 1 in 4 New Zealanders are infected with influenza (flu).
- Symptoms are more severe than a cold and can include: fever, cough, sore throat, headaches, tiredness and body aches.
- The flu is contagious
- The flu vaccine is not a live virus, you cannot get sick from the vaccine
- Book a time with our pharmacist, either at the pharmacy or at your workplace
- Vaccinations cost $45 in store for our customers in store or at the workplace
- Vaccination is free for people over 65
- You or your staff will be required to remain nearby at the pharmacy or at work for 10 minutes post vaccination in case of a reaction